It’s time for our monthly Product Update where we fill you in on everything that’s new inside of Drift from the past month.
And in January, that meant our new Salesforce integration so your team can easily create and track leads from Drift, a new live view so you can see who’s live on your website in real-time and reach out (it’s like magic), videos and emojis inside of Drift messages, and a lot more polish around the app.
Here’s everything you need to know about what’s new in Drift from the past month:
Drift is a sales communication platform that helps businesses generate more leads and close deals faster using messaging. Click here to get your free account.
With our new Salesforce integration, it’s easy for your sales and marketing teams to create and track leads from Drift in Salesforce.
It takes seconds to set up (all you need is your Salesforce login), and once things are connected, new leads from Drift will be sent to Salesforce — plus we’ll add chat transcripts to each record for you so everyone is in the loop on the latest conversations.
Here’s a help doc with a little more detail on how this integration works.
Live View: See Who’s Live On Your Website In Real-Time
Now your sales team can get a live view of all of the people that are looking at key pages on your website in real-time so they can reach out to say hi or offer up some help.
Want to know if someone from that account you’ve been working for weeks is live on your pricing page? Now you’ll be able to. Here’s a little more on how Live View works:
Live View is available on our Team plan, and you can click here to start a free trial so you can see how things work.
Insert Videos Directly Into Drift Messages
Now you can put your videos directly into Drift messages, and all you have to do is copy and paste the YouTube or Vimeo URL. We’ll automatically display the video right inside of the conversation like this:
Also, we’ll now display images and rich content for some other popular websites:
? ? ❤️ Emojis Right Inside Of Drift
A few months back, we gave you emojis in the Drift app so you can send them to your customer. But what about your customers sending them back?
We figured it was time to let them in on the fun too. So now, anyone can access all of the emojis and send the right one to convey exactly how they’re feeling:
Quickly Create Segments Based On Campaigns
Want to send an email to everyone who didn’t click on an in-app message?
Or how about sending an in-app messsage to anyone who didn’t open your email?
Those are exactly the type of things you can do inside of Drift now that you can create a segment of people based on whether they have received or interacted with one of your campaigns.
More Context When People Reply To Your Messages
Many of you asked us “How do I know if this conversation was started from a specific campaign?” If you’re like us, you have different campaigns running across different pages on your website and inside of your product — so now, when a conversation begins, we actually display the campaign as the first message in the conversation so you have the full context of whatever a website visitor or customer is responding to:
A Few Other Quick Updates From January
- You can edit campaign names, as well as any segment associated with a campaign
- If somebody sends you a link to a Drift conversation and you’re on the go, the conversation will now open up in one of our mobile apps if you’re signed in.
- You can now filter by dates in the future when creating segments — like a segment of everyone whose credit card expires 30 days from now.
- When creating a slider announcement that has a CTA to start a conversation, you can select which Drift inbox responses go to (we do this so our support reps don’t get replies to our sales campaigns, for example).
- Create segments using “or” conditions.
- All new accounts have an updated notification system that makes sure you get notified at the right place at the right time (plus you can now send yourself a test notification to make sure everything is working as expected).
As always, we’re here if you need anything. Come say hello on chat at anytime.